(All interested students must join a sports club on IM Leagues and complete their Health History Questionnaire before they can practice with any club. Click to join the Aikido Club)
- Aikido is dynamic, so you need to wear athletic clothes that allow you to move freely.
- A clear 6’x6′ space to move around in.
- If possible have wooden weapons, but household objects such as a dowel, broom handle, or even a cardboard tube can be used as a substitute.
- Do your best to position the camera so that the instructor can see you clearly and provide feedback on your movements.
In-Person Practice (when allowed)
- Aikido is dynamic, so you need to wear athletic clothes that allow you to move freely and cover your knees to prevent friction burns.
- Aikido requires students to touch one another (e.g. grabbing a wrist), so to keep yourself and others from minor injury, remove jewelry and trim your nails (fingers and toes).
- NU Aikido shares space with other organizations, so we have to prepare practice space before each class. Come early (~15 minutes) to meet club members and help set up.
- Aikido is a martial art, but one that emphasizes cooperation and respect between all students and teachers, so come with an open mind and joyful heart.